Atlanta Premises Liability Lawyers
TOP RATED Personal Injury Attorneys
At Mykkeltvedt Carver, LLC, our Atlanta premises liability lawyers have the professional skills and legal knowledge that you can rely on. With the experience to handle the full range of premises liability cases in Georgia, we are more than ready to help you and your family pursue justice, closure, and the maximum available compensation. To arrange a free, no obligation initial consultation with a Georgia premises liability attorney, please contact our Atlanta law office today.
What is Premises Liability Law?
Under Georgia law (O.C.G.A § 51-3-1) , businesses and property owners owe a duty of care to customers and other invitees to keep their premises and approach safe. When an accident occurs because of the negligence of a business or property owner, they may be held liable for the victim’s injuries.
We Handle the Full Range of Premises Liability Claims
There are several different kinds of premises liability cases, and Mykkeltvedt Carver, LLC handles the full range of them. No matter the specific circumstances of your accident or the severity of your injuries, our Atlanta premises liability attorneys are ready to help guide you through your premises liability claim, including:
- Slip and Fall/Trip and Fall Accidents: Slips, trips, and falls are among the most common types of premises liability claims and can cause serious injuries. If you were hurt in a slip and fall or trip and fall caused by a business or property owner’s negligence, our Atlanta premises liability lawyer can help.
- Failure to Conduct Adequate Property Maintenance: Premises liability law imposes a duty on business and property owners to maintain their property in a reasonably safe condition. An injury caused by failure to adequately maintain property can result in a premises liability claim.
- Negligent Security: Business and property owners may be liable for a third-party criminal attack that happened because of inadequate security measures.
- Construction Site Accidents: Construction companies have a duty to ensure that their site is reasonably safe. If they fail to live up to this responsibility, they may be legally liable for injuries sustained by construction workers, neighbors, and passersby.
- Dog Bite Injury Claims: A dog owner may be legally liable for an attack by a dangerous dog. Beyond that, other property owners may bear responsibility for a dog bite as well. For example, a negligent landlord or apartment complex could be liable for an attack by a dangerous dog under premises liability law.
Your Injuries and Your Accident Should Be Comprehensively Investigated
An accident that happens on another person’s property should be thoroughly investigated and evaluated by an experienced Atlanta premises liability attorney. The Atlanta personal injury attorneys of Mykkeltvedt Carver, LLC are ready to assist you.
Recovering Full Financial Compensation for Your Injuries
Following a serious accident on another person’s premises, you need money to pay bills, cover lost wages, and support your family. Unfortunately, even when liability is clear, it may still be difficult for injured victims to get the full and fair settlement offer that they deserve. Businesses, property owners, and major commercial insurance companies are aggressive: they want to resolve claims for the minimum amount possible. Our Atlanta premises liability attorneys work tirelessly to help our clients secure every penny of compensation they deserve under the law, including for:
- Emergency room care;
- Hospital bills and other medical costs;
- Ongoing and long-term health care;
- Lost wages and loss of earning potential;
- Pain and suffering;
- Permanent scarring or disability; and
- Wrongful death of a loved one.
How Our Atlanta Premises Liability Attorney Can Help
Were you hurt due to the careless or reckless conduct of a business or property owner? You may be entitled to financial compensation. You do not have to go through the claims process alone. At Mykkeltvedt Carver, LLC, we know how to hold defendants and insurers accountable for paying claims. Among other things, our Atlanta premises liability lawyers are prepared to:
- Listen to what happened, answer questions, and explain the next steps;
- Investigate the accident—gathering the evidence to prove liability;
- Gather your medical records and other information to support your damages;
- Represent you in any settlement negotiations with insurers; and
- Take your premises liability claim wherever it needs to go to get the best results.
As a boutique law firm, we are committed to providing truly personalized legal representation to victims and families. Our Atlanta premises liability lawyers will put time and attention to detail into your case. With a proven history of successful results across a wide array of injury and accident claims, you can trust our Georgia premises liability attorneys for top-quality representation.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Atlanta Premises Liability Lawyer Today
At Mykkeltvedt Carver, LLC, our Atlanta premises liability lawyers fight aggressively to protect the rights of victims and families. If you were hurt due to the negligence of a business or property owner, we can help. Contact us now to arrange a free, fully private consultation. With a law office in Atlanta, we handle premises liability cases throughout Georgia and Alabama.
"It was an absolute pleasure working with Jeff. His honesty, knowledge and perseverance to get things settled and my case resolved truly impressed me. The outcome was more than I could have ever imagined! I would highly recommend him.”- Leslie Alexander
"I am a former client of Jeffrey (Jeff) Mykkeltvedt and have known him in his professional capacity for three years. I know Jeff as being a prudent, conscientious, hardworking, and caring person when it comes to his clients. Jeff handled my case in a very professional manner, and always kept me up to date with what was happening and the next step.”-Shunize
"It was an absolute pleasure working with Attorney Jeffrey Mykkeltvedt. His honesty, knowledge, and perseverance to get my case resolved truly impressed me. The outcome was more than I could have ever imagined! I would highly recommend him.”-Taya